Yuru Yucheng Mountain Ronghaina—Jade Mountain from History

Yushan County is located in the northeast of Jiangxi Province, bounded by Kaihua County, Changshan County, and Jiangshan City in Zhejiang Province in the east, Guangfeng County in the south, Shangrao County and Xinzhou District in the west, and Dexing City in the north. Historically, it was the transportation hub of the three provinces of Jiangxi, Zhejiang and Fujian, known as “the key to the two rivers and the thoroughfare of eight provinces”. Along the historical context of Yushan, let us appreciate its profound historical heritage and rich humanistic spirit.

History of Yushan County

[Ancient period]

Yushan has a history of more than 1,300 years since it was established as a county. It was founded in 695 AD and belongs to Quzhou, Jiangnan Province. It is named after Huaiyu Mountain, which is rumored to be made of jade left by the Emperor of Heaven. From the founding of the county to the Song and Yuan dynasties, Yushan has been under the jurisdiction of the Jiangsu and Zhejiang Provinces, and belongs to Xinzhou, the eastern province of Jiangnan. In the fourth year of Ming Hongwu (1317), it was changed to Jiangxi Guangxin Mansion. Qingyanming system.


The picture shows the ruins of the Southern Song Dynasty Palace at the entrance of Yushan Diankou


The picture shows the Guanxi Hu’s Ancestral Hall in the Wanli Year of Ming Dynasty


The picture shows the Jade Mountain boundary during the Tongzhi period of the Qing Dynasty

【Republic of China】

In the winter of the first year of the Republic of China, Yushan County was directly under the jurisdiction of Jiangxi Province. In the third year of the Republic of China, it was subordinate to Yuzhang Road. Later, the road was abandoned as an administrative district. At that time, it was under the ninth administrative district (located in Shangrao). Belongs to the sixth administrative region (in Shangrao).

During the Second Revolutionary Civil War, the Soviet governments of Yushan County and Huaiyu County were established successively.


The picture shows the textbook used in primary schools in the Republic of China

【After the founding of new China】

From May to August in 1949, Yushan County was subordinate to the Northeast Jiangxi Administrative Region; in September, the administrative region was abolished and changed to Shangrao Prefecture; in 1968, the area was changed to a region, and Yushan County was still under the Shangrao region; in 1980, the region was changed to administration The government office, Yushan County is still under the jurisdiction; in October 2000, the administrative office was abolished and changed to a county under the jurisdiction of the city, and Yushan was under the jurisdiction of Shangrao City.


The picture shows the historical countryside of Yushan County


The picture shows the old photos of Yushan No. 1 Middle School

【Major changes in counties】

There have been two major changes in the scope of Yushan County:

One is the first year of the Qianyuan Period of the Tang Dynasty (758), and the Zhentou Ruins in Nanxiang, Xujiang County, namely Xiazhen Ruins, was placed under the jurisdiction of the county;

Second, after the establishment of the People’s Republic of China, in May 1952, there were 4 administrative villages in Nei Village, Wai Village, Houshan, and Zhongdian in Guanxi Township, Jiangshan County, Zhejiang Province (now a city), 37 natural villages and Nanwu Township. There are 3 administrative villages, Dasangyuan, Zhoujiadun, and Huangao, 28 natural villages, totaling 1,800 households, which are placed under the jurisdiction of the county.

After the vicissitudes of life and the changes over the years, Yushan has undergone earth-shaking changes and is full of vigor and vitality. In the upcoming 2016 Snooker World Open, Yushan will inherit the fine traditions since the evolution of history and combine tradition and innovation. In combination, it presents fans with splendid high-level international competitions.

Related News

Contact us

+86 15910826173

Customer service section: Monday to Friday, 8:30-17:30, Closed on holidays